Manual Handling Training
This one day course is relevant for all those who are moving and handling objects in the workplace, and where the risk assessment has highlighted the need for training.
- Health and Safety Legislation relevant to moving and handling
- Biomechanics: including friction, base of support, centre of gravity and levers
- Spinal Anatomy and muscular system
- Posture and Exercise
- Dealing with back pain
- Risk assessment using TILE
- LOLER and PUWER
- Safely using equiment
- Prevention of injury, and Reporting injury (RIDDOR)
- Practical session on safe lifting techniques as per group requirement
All candidates will receive a certificate which is valid for one year.